- Fantastic gift options for a military retirement party
- Commemorate Time Served with a Unique Sword or Gun Display
- Different Types of Collectible Swords
- Choosing the Perfect Military Sword Gift
- HISTORY OF SWORD ACCESSORIES
- The Early History of United States Military Edged Weapons Used in Combat
- The Knives of the Vietnam War
- Military Swords You Will Want to Add to Your Sword Collection
- How to Keep Your Knives and Swords in Excellent Shape
- Selecting the Best Military Sword Accessories
Posted by Joe on 3/7/2013 to Military History
A sword can also be a wonderful gift for military members, veterans retiring after many years in active service or military enthusiasts and their growing collection military memorabilia. If you are not sure about when to hand out the gift, consider giving them the sword during their special retirement celebration or as a birthday or Christmas gift. Any person would appreciate receiving a gift like this, since it serves as a wonderful reminder of their sacrifice, service, and commitment that they have sacrificed while serving for this great country.
Where can you buy this kind of sword? Coast Guard swords are sold on different websites and at specialty shops that sell military gear. You can also get the Coast Guard's motto "Semper Paratus" engraved on the sword. If you intend to give the sword as a gift you can have their name and retirement date engraved on the sword too. They will appreciate a well thought out gift that is personalized and shows how much you are honoring their commitment to our country. You can also get a display case or special mountings for the sword. Any retired Coast Guard member will be honored at receiving a gift that
A Coast Guard sword has a sharp single edged stainless steel blade and brass fittings with gold fittings. You can also choose from swords with a variety of lengths, from 28 inches to 34 inches long. The sword's branch guard and drag may have decorative designs on it. And the sword's grip will most likely be in ivory and have a brass pommel, along with the United States Coast Guard initials inscribed on it. While you can add additional designs onto the sword, an authentic United States Coast Guard Sword is intricate enough with it's beautiful design and craftsmanship.