- Fantastic gift options for a military retirement party
- Commemorate Time Served with a Unique Sword or Gun Display
- Different Types of Collectible Swords
- Choosing the Perfect Military Sword Gift
- HISTORY OF SWORD ACCESSORIES
- The Early History of United States Military Edged Weapons Used in Combat
- The Knives of the Vietnam War
- Military Swords You Will Want to Add to Your Sword Collection
- How to Keep Your Knives and Swords in Excellent Shape
- Selecting the Best Military Sword Accessories
Posted by Devin on 11/2/2013 to U.S. Military Swords
Of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, the Marine Corps is the only one which must inspect swords and ensure that they meet the standards specified in the Marine Corps Technical Manual. The scabbard must also meet certain requirements. When purchasing a military sword as a gift for a Marine, only purchase from retailers that carry certified blades featuring individual certification numbers.
The Marine Corps officer's sword is an attractive blade that makes a noble gift. It features a slightly curved steel blade with an etched U.S. Marine Corps pattern. The ivory-colored grip includes two gold-plated bolts with stars etched into them, and the gold-plated hand guard has a sleek design. The end of the grip features a hole for the sword knot.
The Marine sword for non-commissioned officers is another beautiful blade with handsome features. It also has a stainless steel blade with the Marine Corps etched pattern. The grip is black with twisted black wires, and it features genuine leather. The wrap-around hand guard is gold plated.
When purchasing a military sword as a gift, make sure it matches the height of the Marine for whom you are buying. Sizes range from 28 to 34 inches. Also make sure that you are buying your sword from a trusted manufacturer to ensure that it meets U.S. Marine Corps standards.