- Fantastic gift options for a military retirement party
- Commemorate Time Served with a Unique Sword or Gun Display
- Different Types of Collectible Swords
- Choosing the Perfect Military Sword Gift
- HISTORY OF SWORD ACCESSORIES
- The Early History of United States Military Edged Weapons Used in Combat
- The Knives of the Vietnam War
- Military Swords You Will Want to Add to Your Sword Collection
- How to Keep Your Knives and Swords in Excellent Shape
- Selecting the Best Military Sword Accessories
Posted by Carlos on 6/11/2013 to U.S. Military Swords
Could you tell the difference between a saber and a rapier, or a British broadsword and a foil? Many are familiar with these distinctions due to television or books, but for the most part, the history and stories behind military swords are a mystery to most people. The development of swords over the years has followed their use, from being the key weapon in a soldiers arsenal to what is largely now and ornament that signifies a soldiers branch of service and title.
Amazingly, swords have an almost revered historical status. In the earliest days, steel was a sign of strength, and no other steel products have the same symbolic significance. From the Early Asian societies, to the many different influences of the west, and everywhere in between, there has always been a respect and admiration for those that could wield a sword, as well as those that can make them. Today’s military swords embody all of that history. It doesn’t take long to discover the historical significance. It is a interesting journey into the past for anyone to follow the development of swords.