- Fantastic gift options for a military retirement party
- Commemorate Time Served with a Unique Sword or Gun Display
- Different Types of Collectible Swords
- Choosing the Perfect Military Sword Gift
- HISTORY OF SWORD ACCESSORIES
- The Early History of United States Military Edged Weapons Used in Combat
- The Knives of the Vietnam War
- Military Swords You Will Want to Add to Your Sword Collection
- How to Keep Your Knives and Swords in Excellent Shape
- Selecting the Best Military Sword Accessories
Posted by Devin on 8/31/2013 to U.S. Military Swords
There are a number of different types of letter openers, each based on something different. Most letter openers seem to default to those that are modeled after military swords, such the various cutlasses and sabers that have been used by various regiments; they have been flattened and widened to scale. Other letter openers are essentially knives that have been mostly dulled in order to act solely as openers that celebrate a specific event, or commemorate the service of some unit. Because of that they make fair symbols of the events, and as such are easily capable as acting as a memento of that event.
A letter opener should be a personal gift; it is therefore an item that is rarely collected. Most people only have a few of them, and so they need to need to mean something important to both sides. Marine commemorative letter openers provide that link; the event or group that they celebrate is likelier to mean something to both sides, such as a group that they both were part of or a battle that they were in, or even something that they both studied at school and took on some significance to them. The letter opener thus takes on a greater significance than it should, becoming a true memento of the friendship in its own right.
More results: 1 2